Kim Kardashian’s Wedding: 10 Things You Need to Know
But there are a few wedding details you may not have been keeping up with.
Thankfully, we’ve assembled a Kardashian wedding primer that will help bring you up to speed.
1. Kim's Got Plenty of Backup. Proving that there’s no such thing as too much Vera Wang, Kardashian is reportedly in possession of three Wang gowns (valued at $25,000 each) and four pairs of Christian Louboutin heels, says Us Weekly. So, will she be making some costume changes throughout the day, or just preparing for a red wine spillage or broken heel?
2. It Pays to Be a Bridesmaid. Kardashian’s green-clad bridesmaids—most of whom, we suspect, will have a name starting with K—are in for a treat. The reality star will be gifting her bridal party with custom Judith Leiber handbags, OK! Magazine reports. Is it too late to become a bestie?
3. The Guys Are Going Glam Too. Because every girl’s crazy for a sharply dressed man, groom Humphries is said to be wearing a custom-tailored suit from Scott Hill Bespoke Designs during the ceremony, Hollywood Life reports. Lamar Odom and Scott Disick, meanwhile, will reportedly be donning tuxes from Ermenegildo Zegna.
4. It Makes Scents. Literally. Love, the limited-edition fragrance Kardashian created in honor of her wedding, sold out in just 10 days. Perhaps we can look forward to a follow-up inspired by the honeymoon (which reportedly won’t take place until next year)?
5. Kris Jenner May Be The One Wearing White. Kardashian’s “black or white” dress code for guests is already causing speculation that Kim may be opting for a different color. Now, Star reports that mother Kris Jenner is playing “Momzilla” by insisting on wearing a white Vera Wang dress of her own. Awkward ...
6. The Engagement Ring Has a Lot to Say. Kardashian’s 20.5-karat sparkler has three inscriptions: “There’s one verse [Proverbs 31: 10-31] about the perfect godly woman,” Humphries told People. “The other, [1 John 3:18], is about love. It took me … a few days to pick them out and research the perfect ones.” The third inscription says “K [hearts] K.” Sounds about right!
7. The Bride Has Been Doing a Lot of Wedding Prep. In the week leading up to her big day, Kardashian has been tweeting about her pre-wedding primping. So far she's had a brow shaping by Anastasia of Beverly Hills, a massage, facial, chiropractor session, and a Korean scrub treatment. Must be one blissful bride!
8. But Mom Has Been Doing More. To look her best for the wedding, mother Kris got a facelift. Hopefully, it’s worth it—the cosmetic procedure caused Jenner to be sued by B&P, which had hired her to endorse its skincare line.
9. Louboutins Aren’t the Only Killer Shoes Giving Kim a Sexy Boost. Skechers spokeswoman Kardashian has tweeted that she’s been wearing her Shape-ups Liv sneakers “so I look the best in my dress.” Intense workouts with trainer Gunnar Peterson (think lunges, squats, and medicine ball rotations) are also keeping her toned and trim.
10. She’s Registered for Hermès. It should come as no surprise that the fashion-fixated bride has added Hermès to her bridal registry at Gearys Beverly Hills. But it’s not a Birkin she's got her eye on (she has plenty, after all.) She and Humphries have put in for 24 of the fashion house’s Mosaique plates, which cost $305 a pop, InStyle reports. Guess we’ll have to return that toaster we got her ...
Stay tuned for more on Kim Kardashian's wedding.