Pippa Middleton: 10 Things You’ll Want to Know
Several days after she turned heads in a show-stopping, cowl-neck ivory crepe gown at the royal wedding, the fashion world is still in a frenzy over Pippa Middleton.
Sure, we know she wore Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen for her big sister’s big day and that she slipped into a sexy emerald green Temperley London floor-length gown for the after-party, but there are plenty of style secrets about Philippa Charlotte Middleton that haven’t yet been revealed. Until now.
From her love of the High Street retailers to her favorite hair products to her spa-day getaway, we’re revealing all about the world’s most famous maid of honor.
1. She Stole Cameron Diaz’s Style. If the cap-sleeve column dress Pippa sported at Westminster Abbey seemed familiar, it’s because Hollywood royalty Diaz dazzled in a very similar red version at the 2010 Golden Globes Awards.
While the British beauty wore white Jimmy Choo shoes and lily of the valley flowers in her hair, Diaz accessorized with Ferragamo peep-toe shoes and a Van Cleef & Arpels bracelet.
2. She Owes Her Killer Curves to Athletics. It’s no surprise that Pippa looked flawless in her form-fitting Alexander McQueen gown. The University of Edinburgh graduate is an accomplished athlete who loves to ski, swim, and play tennis. Pippa also regularly works out with her sister Kate at the Clarence House gym, and her efforts have certainly paid off: The tight, er, assets she displayed in her maid of honor dress is now the subject of countless Facebook fan pages and has its own Web site and Twitter account.
3. She Loves Designer Labels, but Also Wears Zara. Like Kate, Pippa’s fashion taste runs from high-end to the High Street. Though she is a fan of Chloé and was spotted browsing Jimmy Choo and Prada with mom Carole, the younger Middleton sister was seen in a $117 blue Zara blazer the day after the wedding and wore French Connection’s £150.00 ($250 U.S) ruffled Penny’s Party Silk Dress to a pal’s engagement celebration.
4. She Gets Her Hair Done at the Richard Ward Salon. The team from the Richard Ward salon got Kate and her bridal party groomed and glossy for the royal wedding, but the Middletons have actually been regular customers for over eight years. Pippa reportedly gets her hair done in the VIP section and is a fan of the salon’s volume-boosting shampoo and conditioner, as well as the Stay Straight and Protect spritz.
5. She Follows Fashion. Kate isn’t the only one with a closetful of Issa. Pippa also owns several slinky dresses by the label and has become pals with designer Daniella Helayel. In fact, it’s not surprising to see Pippa sitting front and center at Helayel’s runway shows.
6. She Keeps Her Youthful Glow with Oxygen Facials. Prior to the royal wedding, Pippa joined Kate for a bit of pampering at the Retreat spa near the family home in Berkshire, England. The women reportedly indulged in Crystal Clear Oxygen facials, which plump lines and wrinkles.
7. She Is a Fan of the Spray Tan. The sun-kissed skin she showed off at Westminster Abbey didn’t come from the Caribbean. Pippa has long been a worshipper of spray tans and is said to regularly hire someone to come to her home to help her get her bronze on.
8. She Is a Former Model … Sort Of. Picture-perfect Pippa put her stunning looks to good use at an early age, serving as a model in the catalogs produced for her parents’ event-planning business, Party Pieces. A former housekeeper says of Middleton mom Carole, “She used to send out little catalogs with her children modeling some of the things they sold. I remember Pippa and Kate being in them, wearing T-shirts with their ages on them and holding cupcakes.”
9. She Inspired a Monique Lhuillier Bridal Gown. Before becoming a household name on April 29, Pippa was already making her mark as the inspiration for a Monique Lhuillier wedding dress, according to InStyle. The body-con Pippa features spaghetti straps and a short, lace-trimmed hemline.
10. She Can Make a Dress Out of Toilet Paper. That stunning McQueen isn’t the only white dress getting Pippa splashed across the pages of newspapers and blogs—in an undated photo taken at a party, she is seen wearing a super-short, dare-we-say-sexy minidress fashioned entirely from toilet paper. Though it’s certainly charmin’, we doubt the style set will be bowled over by the look.